This morning I awoke to an email from fellow blogger As Told by Dana informing me of my nomination for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award.
First of all, a quick shout out to this fantastic writer. I’ve been following her adventures through France for a while now, and although we’ve never met, there’s a shared bond over our mutual Wisconsin roots and love affair with the French. She grapples with complex issues ranging from French bureaucracy to feminism with grace and intellect. I highly recommend you check it out, especially if you’re interested in traveling to France.
Second of all, THANK YOU! I’m genuinely surprised and extraordinarily grateful for the nomination, particularly with my recent publication of Little-Known Literary Adventures for Book Lovers.
Thank you SO MUCH for subscribing, reading, sharing, and following my adventures from France to Milwaukee – and a secret upcoming destination.
- Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
- List the rules and display the award.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other blogs you enjoy, and let them know that you have nominated them.
1 – I once kissed a stingray in the Cayman Islands because some locals told me I’d get seven years of good luck.
2 – I used to finish reading Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, and then immediately flip back to the first page and start again. (I’ve grown up a little, I promise).
3 – I almost majored in theater before transitioning to creative writing and French. Back in my theater days, some of my feature roles included a mime, a dead woman in a graveyard, a witch, an abnormally tall munchkin with sinus issues, and an insane French woman. I also played Much Ado About Nothing‘s Beatrice though – and I will eat his heart in the marketplace.
4 – About half of my dreams feature me simply looking at a blank page and writing down stories, which I then see come to life. I also finish chapters to books I’m reading in my dreams and wake up completely baffled when characters I killed off are still walking and talking. I can’t tell you how many times I awoke to the troubling realization that Joffrey was indeed still alive and kicking it, making literally everybody miserable.
5 – You only receive a free Shakespeare and Company book back if you purchase over $50 worth of books. In less than a year I somehow accumulated five bags. Thinking back, I don’t believe I ever left that bookstore without stopping at a nearby bakery for un pain aux amandes, so I’ve come to accept that while humor, intelligence, looks, etc. all seem to matter, food and books are the fastest ways to my heart.
6 – Before tumblr, I had a rock tumbler. It may not have made me friends, but I had the shiniest rocks in all of McClean, VA.
7 – I’m 22 years old and my parents still call me Muffin. But they also call me Queen, which just sends mixed messages.
Here are some other fantastic blogs to check out. They range from wildly popular to scarcely known but I love them all.
- Alex in Wanderland – One of my main inspirations (I’m also jealous of her blog name – one Alex too late)
- Young Adventuress – My other main inspiration
- Paris Originals – A fellow Paris survivor and one of the best writers I know
- Lauren Sapala – A talented writer with solid advice
- Mending the Nest – A fellow student in Christine Gilbert’s fantastic blogging class
- Girl Tweets World – Another great blog title about Jayne who visited over 40 countries by age 30
- Jeff Goins – An insightful, creative writer I’ve been following for years
- Ashley Abroad – I simply love her writing. From France to Denver, CO, her adventures are worth reading
- Outside the Box – Insightful, intelligent, sometimes hysterical adventures from four people in four cities across the world
- Creatrice Mondial – A fellow French lover traveling around the world
- The Ramble – Inspiring travel tales
- Capstone National Partners blog – Different from my usual reading but they offer very insightful outlooks on current politics
- Bridges and Balloons – This fantastic duo is all about inspiration
- Love Like a Vagabond – This brilliant girl inspires me every day! Stay tuned for her future adventures
- As Told By Dana – the French blogger who nominated me!